Got concert ideas
musicians, poets, writers.. dazzle our ears!
What is your role? (choose any)
Pick a role (or many roles) that you might like to find yourself in for CBT.
What's your idea?
Don't be scared! But do please include any of the following that might pertain to you and your idea: instrument(s), name of group & instrumentation, any website or links to your work, composers or authors to be featured on your program, a general theme (if any), OR anything else you might want to offer that relates to you/your concept.
- The program should be 40- 45 minutes of music and 15-20 minutes of spoken word.
- Words and music may be interspersed or performed together. These may be original works, existing works, or even crowd-sourced amongst your performers.
- A good half of the program must be "classical" repertoire, essential for the part of this that's meant to bring new audiences into the fold. For the other half, play whatever you like!
Notes and suggestions for performers:
- Feel free to socialize before, during, and after the performance.
- If people want to clap between movements, let them clap!
- Spoken word may be any genre, by any writer, but must be suitable for most ages.
- If you want to share anything about the music, the composers, yourself, or even your lunch that day, go right ahead! There really is no wrong way to interact with your audience.
- Feel free to play single movements and interesting arrangements! Be creative and make this the concert YOU want to perform.
- There is of yet no piano in our performance space. Any pieces/performances requiring piano will need to fill that role creatively.
- All ticket sales after minimal expenses, go directly to the performers! The more you help promote your Church of Beethoven event, the more shining eyes in the audience. Help us help you by passing the news along to your networks.
Create a free website